cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet

Maisie
Just Moved In
We moved within our small city beginning of February.. modem was in dining room .. said couldn’t be moved. Home office is 3 bedroom furthest away from modem. Internet is intermittent every day. They have changed modem. Put in a booster. I’m fed up with talking to Telus about this. Now emails didn’t migrate over properly in last migration. Spoke with someone said they would review and call back. Have no choice but to go to shaw. Fed up!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Maisie Wrote: Home office is 3 bedroom furthest away from modem. 

Good day... I feel your frustration, and the only recommendation I can offer maybe a Ethernet power line extension solution. simple enough to install, and just may solve your problems. as well you have the ongoing option to move the device if you need too...

https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-Powerline-Pass-through-TL-PA9020P-KIT/dp/B01H74VKZU/ref=asc_df_B01H74V...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Telus hardwired a booster/extender. Is that same?

Marianne Bond

@Maisie  Wrote: Telus hardwired a booster/extender. Is that same?

No, its not. I was unaware that Telus extended the booster via hardwire. The power line solution would ultimately accomplish the same thing though.

It would extend the internet service from your modem to your remote location within your house and allow you to plug either a booster, or for that matter a computer into that device to receive internet service from your remote modem. It just accomplishes that by running the service through your homes electric  system avoiding having to run a dedicated Ethernet cable through the home.

Perhaps the only advantage of this system maybe that it does allows you to to directly connect a computer via hardwire to your service, and in some cases you'll find that that offers a faster connection over that of a wireless connection.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Dimo-X

It shouldn't be intermittent with a booster... It might be worthwhile to look into what may cause signal interference... also may want to consider hardwiring via LAN cable as well.