cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Connect Telus WIFI to Chromecast Ultra

REV_G
Just Moved In

This is so frustrating! My Chromecast will not connect to my new wifi? I have to manually place the wifi address into the app. I'm not sure if the address is all one word Telus_ _ _ _ or 2 words Telus (space) _ etc., or what security if any I have?

I've tried them all. This has taken over an hour so far. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

If you don't know your WiFi SSID how you know it won't connect?

Do you have other devices already connected like a phone or laptop? If so then look at the connection information on those and it will show the correct SSID.

Alternatively you can use a browser on any device already connected to your network and go 192.168.1.254 to view the status page of the router. The status page will show the SSID. If there are 2 SSIDs then use the 5G one.

Have you verified you are using the correct password as well?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

xray
Hero

If you don't know your WiFi SSID how you know it won't connect?

Do you have other devices already connected like a phone or laptop? If so then look at the connection information on those and it will show the correct SSID.

Alternatively you can use a browser on any device already connected to your network and go 192.168.1.254 to view the status page of the router. The status page will show the SSID. If there are 2 SSIDs then use the 5G one.

Have you verified you are using the correct password as well?