cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install question, what's "standard" now?

Fisherguy
Ambassador

A friend of mine is also a retired Telus employee and owns a house in Burnaby.  He was having his fibre service installed; the first (contractor) installer would not run the drop in his heated concrete crawl space, he left a coil of "clear curve" inside drop and told my friend to run it himself and left.
My bud figured this was BS and re-scheduled his install.  The second contractor installer shows up, says he'll run the drop but told my friend that he had to drill the hole in the floor for the drop.
Is this the new "standard" now for Telus? Seems like a crappy way to treat customers IMO.  Sure wasn't like this when I worked in I&R a long time ago when we routinely drilled holes in people's walls floors etc to give the customer service.
Isn't there any Telus I&R employees in Burnaby anymore or are these contractors the only choice nowadays?  

3 REPLIES 3

Fisherguy
Ambassador

... BTW since we moved to the interior of BC we've had mostly good experiences with the contractors for the most part other than the one guy that just never bothered showing up.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are 2 parts to the installations I’ve experienced. First to the demarcation point (wherever that’s determined to be) and the second to the ONT/modem/router. Two different teams. Possibly this is the issue you have described?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Not sure what point you're trying to make. .?
There's pulling the drop to where the copper protector is and from there it's spiced to the 'clear curve' inside fibre drop.
Any I&R installer would know how to do both parts and would know what needed to be done when they got the order (but seemingly refused to).  That's why I'm asking what the standards are for installers these days!