cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXA5000 Constantly connecting and reconnecting to internet

Whataboutthis
Just Moved In
The FXA5000 hub on my purefibre account continuously connects to the internet for a few seconds and then disconnects and retries. This is resulting in about 20% packet loss, which makes my connection pretty much unusable. I have a laptop directly wired on port 1 on the modem where I am continuously pinging 8.8.8.8 and the ping times out each time the modem retries it’s connection (I refresh the dhcp internet section on the modems dashboard and it changes from connected to connecting almost continuously). Have tried different laptops, devices, different network cables, different coax cables. I see the same behaviour when using the wifi booster provided and with my own Orbi system.
Have restarted the modem, factory reset it, unplugged it for a minute etc. Seems to me that either the modem is faulty or something is wrong with the fibre connection but wanted to check on the forum first if there is anything obvious I’m missing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Whataboutthis
Just Moved In

Turns out there was a faulty component that connects the fibre cable to the FXA5000 hub, the tech replaced it and everything works now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Whataboutthis
Just Moved In

Turns out there was a faulty component that connects the fibre cable to the FXA5000 hub, the tech replaced it and everything works now.