cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Please Identify These Three Pieces of Telus Equipment?

kamak
Ambassador

Can anyone identify these three pieces of equipment, with model numbers and manufacture? 

Nighthawk says this top unit is the NH20A, I was thinking the middle unit was the NH20A. The last (bottom unit) could be the B20, WiFi Booster? The middle unit is a ONT (fiber fed)/Router/WiFi Hub, made for Telus. If the top unit is the Arcadyan NH20A, and the bottom unit is the Booster (B20), what is the middle unit? Its Arcadyan, I know that much.  

2022-04-04_21-49-58.png

2022-04-04_21-55-20.pnghttps://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/TELUS+Wi-Fi+Hub+(Arcadyan)+Teardown/129682

2022-04-05_7-02-04.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Upper device is the NH20A, a Fibre modem. It acts as an ONT and router, but has no Wi-Fi or POTS connection. It requires the third device for Wi-Fi, which gives you Wi-Fi 6.

The middle device is the previous generation router/Wi-Fi device. Although it is usually connected to an ONT,  it also can be used with a direct Fibre connection through a SFP device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

kamak
Ambassador

This is probably where this device (middle picture) came from. Rural Telus Customer Equipment/5G...etc plans.

2022-04-05_9-01-03.png

Though it is a Fiber fed ONT/Router/WiFi device, not a 5G cellular modem. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Upper device is the NH20A, a Fibre modem. It acts as an ONT and router, but has no Wi-Fi or POTS connection. It requires the third device for Wi-Fi, which gives you Wi-Fi 6.

The middle device is the previous generation router/Wi-Fi device. Although it is usually connected to an ONT,  it also can be used with a direct Fibre connection through a SFP device.

NFtoBC

"The middle device is the previous generation router/Wi-Fi device." Ah, so it's a previous device. Got it. Why don't they keep using the previous device, it seems/looks as or more capable than the wall mounted NH20A, with WiFi 6 included? I see a picture of this device in the Telus Rural 5G service provisions section (see above pic). Maybe it's not WiFi 6.

So the wall mounted NH20A has fiber in (ONT) and has, what looks like a 10Gbe WAN connection, and 4x Gbe LAN connection and a 2.5Gbe capable MOCA? It is a router, and we can connect any personally owned routers, switches or APs to said Telus ONT/Router, and distribute our own internal network as we wish? We can connect our 2.5/10Gbe capable equipment to said Telus ONT 10Gbe WAN connection, and take advantage of the max 2.5Gbs service Telus provides?

PS: the picture of the NH20A does seems to have a phone jack (POT). Is it nonfictional?2022-04-06_8-56-45.png

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, the marked phone jack is non-functional.

NFtoBC

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to use devices of your own choosing, but TV will need to be connected to a Telus device.

NFtoBC

I've discovered that you can connect Telus TV boxes via Cat5/6 to the Gbe ports of the NH20A or via the MoCA on the NH20A. With MoCA, I believe, you have to use the MoCA-Cat adapters, as that's what I've found out myself using MoCA and Telus DVR/PVR boxes, with the T3200M