cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost wifi (white booster)

JujhaarSekhon
Advocate
Is it fine if I put my white Telus booster beside a tv.
I’m going to put it about a meter away from the tv
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @JujhaarSekhon ,

I don't see there being a problem with putting the TELUS boost WiFi beside your TV...IF that booster has a solid blue light indicating it has a good Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.

• If the color is amber/yellow then you may want to relocate the booster so its closer to your other booster wired to your modem.
  • If you notice slower than usual internet speeds, try relocating the booster and see if speeds improve.

TELUS Boost Wi-Fi Quick Starter Guide: Click Here

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @JujhaarSekhon ,

I don't see there being a problem with putting the TELUS boost WiFi beside your TV...IF that booster has a solid blue light indicating it has a good Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.

• If the color is amber/yellow then you may want to relocate the booster so its closer to your other booster wired to your modem.
  • If you notice slower than usual internet speeds, try relocating the booster and see if speeds improve.

TELUS Boost Wi-Fi Quick Starter Guide: Click Here

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square:If you found this helpful, let others know by clicking the ❤️ Like button.

I put my second booster in a room and it has a signal strength of -60. Is that good?

Hi @JujhaarSekhon 

-60 dBM is good.

If you wanted to fiddle and see if you can get closer to -50 dBM you can try moving your booster to a different location where there booster is closer to the modem, and where there are less walls/obstacles. 

Signal Strength Required for
-30 dBmMax achievable signal strength. The client can only be a few feet from the AP to achieve this. Not typical or desirable in the real world.N/A
-67 dBmMinimum signal strength for applications that require very reliable, timely packet delivery.VoIP/VoWiFi, streaming video
-70 dBmMinimum signal strength for reliable packet delivery.Email, web
-80 dBmMinimum signal strength for basic connectivity. Packet delivery may be unreliable.N/A
-90 dBmApproaching or drowning in the noise floor. Any functionality is highly unlikely.N/A

Is the second booster connected to the first booster?

@JujhaarSekhon Yes the 2nd booster is connected to the 1st booster using a Wi-Fi Mesh network. The 1st booster is connected to the modem/router via Ethernet cable.

Learn More

Click Here to see the TELUS Boost Wi-Fi Quick Start Guide.

Click Here to see the Telus Boost Wi-Fi App details.

The best I can get is -57 dBM

Thats great. Nothing to worry about there. 

Some TVs may interfere with your booster if close by. This does not appear to be the case for you, but keep that in mind. If you notice internet connection drops randomly, consider moving the booster to a new location.