cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost wifi dropping connection & slow

NuMotiv
Neighbour
Hey everyone. I recently purchased a boost starter kit as my wifi hub struggled to give a good connection in my 3 story town home. I'm having absolutely no luck with these things. They regularly disconnect (on average every 30 minutes or so). I noticed this because my google homes disconnect and even worse netflix will cut out mid show for several seconds while it figures it's self out. The light flashes blue when this happens. To add to my frustrations the speed on a strong connection is way slower than the hub gives me with a weak one. I'm on internet 750. I get around 350 on my phone from the hub and 80 or less from the booster. I've tried resetting everything and reconfiguring hoping it would help. Am I doing something wrong or are these things over priced garbage? I'm starting to seriously regret leaving shaw. I'd rather have kept paying for a rock solid internet 600 vs having a flakey free internet 750...

Thanks if you have any insight or help.
1 REPLY 1

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, very sorry about that. It sounds like your best bet may be to reach out to our Tech Support team for further investigation. They can look into things from their side, and/or discuss sending a repair tech to your home to get things sorted once and for all. They're available 24/7 at 1-888-811-2323 or via Live Chat online over at www.telus.com/assist (purple chat icon at the very bottom, type in 'live agent' when prompted).