cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost App showing poor performance

BlairP291
Organizer

I have Telus Boost set up at home - using 5 routers as my house is quite large.  Performance is generally good.

A firmware update was done on the boosters a few days ago (Sept 23 2019) - this appeared in the Telus Boost App notifications area.

I have noticed the Boost App is showing "Poor" performance on 3 of the 5 devices (this was not the case before).

I have shut down and restarted all of the routers including the Telus modem but this does not change anything.

Performance is generally good throughout the house but I am wondering if the App is detecting interference.

The house is about 10 years old and the original owner installed a lot of audio cables in the walls.

Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting this?  I have done speed tests via the Telus Boost App throughout the house and they generally render fairly close to my wired speed (150 Mbps).  But I do see glitches from time to time and I am wondering if I am overlooking something.

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Likely the new updated App is using a slightly different throughput calculation to derive the rating. If you are seeing the throughput you expect, I wouldn't worry about an arbitrary 'quality' level.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks @NFtoBC 

The WiFi is still dropping from time to time and I am wondering how to troubleshoot the root cause.

The distance between Booster devices is within spec (20 feet vs 12 m/ 40 feet)

I turned off other Wifi networks

Is there a way to see how well the mesh network is communicating?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@BlairP291 

I see Wi-Fi drops on one device only - my cellular iPad. everything else seems to connect solidly. Unfortunately, I have not found resolution to this issue, and am uncertain if it is the iPad or Boost device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"