Adding a wired connection to the basment.

Beesherz
Just Moved In
My landlords have telus, I like the internet but for some reason the wifi keeps dropping when I use it for my ps4. I understand theres boosters that can be bought but I'd rather have a wired connection.
If the landlord agrees and what not, is it possible to add an ethernet port in my basment and what would it cost?
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Any of a number of electricians or other suppliers could do it relatively inexpensively. I believe Telus would charge $75 per hour, and may not be prepared to install from one domicile to another.

It is also a task you might do yourself, with a bit of internet research. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've had good results with Powerline adapters. Something like this would likely do the job:

TP-Link AV600 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 600Mbps (TL-PA4010 KIT): Amazon.ca: Computer...

If you want a Wi-Fi extender as well:

TP-Link AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender, ADVANCED 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender, Repeater, Wi...

You would need to work with your landlord to set this up but it's pretty trivial.

polecat
All-Star

@Beesherz   You need to check the wifi signal strength I use  ( matthafner.com ) you will see all close wifi S  both 2.5 nd 5 ghz  A db strength under 50 is really good  at  62-64 still works at 70 weak. You can find the strong and weak areas. Your internet package may limit your play station. On copper or fiber? 2.5 signal carries the furthest.