cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actiontec T3200 router default settings

Worksuxs
Just Moved In

Replaced my home NAS with a QNAP and in the installation process I managed to screw-up some setting (most likely some port) and now some websites, not all, won't allow me to sign in. Does anyone have a list / diagram of settings that I can compare mine to? Please?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's not an issue with port forwarding on the T3200. If you can get to the websites to load, then there should be no issue logging in unless something else changed on your computer. Are you having issues with just the one device or multiple devices? What error message are you seeing?

If you want to be absolutely sure it has nothing to do with port forwarding, go into the port forwarding settings and delete any existing forwards there. By default the list of them is completely empty. Write down any of the forwards that are there so you can recreate them if needed after.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've never let my NAS have outside access before but yes it should be able to alter the settings to some extent through UPnP. I've never heard of it doing this before but anything is possible. There are settings for the IPv6 firewall that would allow blocking of certain functions like https but not for the normal firewall. Normal firewall is usually set to NAT only.

Try unplugging the NAS first to see if there is any change. Another possibility could be that the DNS settings are changed or are not using the default ones. The current DNS should be visible from the T3200's main page without logging in. You could always try changing the DNS settings on just one of the affected computers to see if that makes a difference. I'm currently using Cloudflare's free 1.1.1.1, though there are plenty of others.

As a last resort, if you have physical access to the T3200, you could always do a full reset on it. Then the username and password on the sticker on the T3200 would allow you in to the admin page over ethernet, and you can set your wifi back up using your current network name and password (if you remember it).

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This is a good resource to see if you taken all the steps to get port forwarding properly set up on the T3200M:

Opening Ports in a Actiontec T3200M Router (portforward.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's not an issue with port forwarding on the T3200. If you can get to the websites to load, then there should be no issue logging in unless something else changed on your computer. Are you having issues with just the one device or multiple devices? What error message are you seeing?

If you want to be absolutely sure it has nothing to do with port forwarding, go into the port forwarding settings and delete any existing forwards there. By default the list of them is completely empty. Write down any of the forwards that are there so you can recreate them if needed after.

Thanks Nighthawk. My problem seems to be router related because I can't log into the website with my computer or with my phone, both using wifi, or using my wife's computer which is ethernet, but I can log in when using my  phone on data (wifi off).

The error message I get on my computer (both using chrome or edge as a browser) is that the connection is unsecure, and it times out. When I ping the website, it does not answer so it times out as well - but it works normally with my phone on data. This problem only occurs on some sites (including BC Hydro and Edward Jones Financial) fortunately I can access those on my phone so at least I can pay my bills!!

I will try your suggestion of clearing the port list. 

Just occured to me: would the NAS modify my firewall settings? It is supposed to be able to be accessed from outside my home network, perhaps it is blocking some websites? Any ideas on that, Nighthawk?

And thanks again for getting back to me.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've never let my NAS have outside access before but yes it should be able to alter the settings to some extent through UPnP. I've never heard of it doing this before but anything is possible. There are settings for the IPv6 firewall that would allow blocking of certain functions like https but not for the normal firewall. Normal firewall is usually set to NAT only.

Try unplugging the NAS first to see if there is any change. Another possibility could be that the DNS settings are changed or are not using the default ones. The current DNS should be visible from the T3200's main page without logging in. You could always try changing the DNS settings on just one of the affected computers to see if that makes a difference. I'm currently using Cloudflare's free 1.1.1.1, though there are plenty of others.

As a last resort, if you have physical access to the T3200, you could always do a full reset on it. Then the username and password on the sticker on the T3200 would allow you in to the admin page over ethernet, and you can set your wifi back up using your current network name and password (if you remember it).

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This is a good resource to see if you taken all the steps to get port forwarding properly set up on the T3200M:

Opening Ports in a Actiontec T3200M Router (portforward.com)

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suspect what you are seeing is the internal vs external IP addresses. You should have a static IP address of the form 192.168.x.x for the NAS on your home network and another address for your router such as 75.155.x.x. 

You will need to use the 192.168.x.x address to access the NAS when connected to your home network (unless you do some additional DNS settings). The rest of the time you would be using the 75.155.x.x address.