cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus box graffiti

edandlewis
Just Moved In

Hi there,

Can you tell me if you supply the paint to cover boxes? We are at the corner of Southgate St. and Vancouver in Victoria and I am not sure if Telus has repainted as needed or if there is a paint you supply? Thank you. Have included some photos. As we are on a busy, touristy street, would like to get this fixed asap. Thank you.IMG_1080.jpgIMG_1081.jpgIMG_1082.jpgIMG_1085.jpgIMG_1086.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging and for the pics. I'll alert our field team to look into this asap.

VR340
Friendly Neighbour

I am also looking to get the Telus Utility box on our property painted or preferably wrapped with a foliage pattern. Can anyone assist? It gets constant graffiti2888 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC V5Z 3J6 and is a terrible eye sore.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where is this box located?

VR340
Friendly Neighbour

2888 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC V5Z 3J6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks. I've flagged it to our field team to look in to.

VR340
Friendly Neighbour

Great. What is standard procedure? Can we get it wrapped with a foliage pattern?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not 100% though I believe it's cleaned. Wrapping these boxes is extremely expensive (in the thousands of dollars) so I'd lean to the former.

VR340
Friendly Neighbour

Yes I am aware. But Telus do wrap their utility boxes in Vancouver. That would be preferred so please consider this an official request. Examples: https://sqwabb.wordpress.com/2013/09/15/telus-boxes-and-wraps-its-dsl/

VR340
Friendly Neighbour

Any news on this? It looks worse now than it did a month ago. Your infrastructure is having a negative affect on our neighbourhood.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll contact our field team again to remind them of this box. It's not actually our infrastructure that has a negative effect, rather the graffiti that someone has put on it.

VR340
Friendly Neighbour

Ha! Okay then let me rephrase that. The lack of maintenance (the very long delay for graffiti removal or wrapping of the box) is having a negative affect. Thanks for contacting the field team again.

Thanks

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries. It's definitely unsightly, to be sure. Our team works in batches according to location and obviously, it's sort of a never-ending battle with this kind of thing. Hopefully they can get to that location asap!