Possibilities of attack on smart home devices

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

stephendbenton
Resident

I've been a tech enthusiast from my childhood and always been an early adapter of new technologies (even though my knowledge about these things are really low.) I'm also a TV person and I binge watch shows all the time. Mr. Robot was one of my recent binge watches. The show was said to be the most real show about hacking. And as I read further I came to know that most of the hacks shown in the show are really possible.

This actually got me a bit worried. One episode in the second season shows a group of hackers taking over an automated house. This was really worrying for someone like me who is trying to integrate more technology every day into my life. I even talked about this to a friend who works at a cybersecurity consulting company and he told that it is really a possibility. So what do you think about this? Is there something that we can do to increase security against such attacks.