cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panel communication error

NicoleT
Neighbour

Last week I got an automated call from Telus Home Security telling me that there was a 'communication error' with my panel and asking me to call them.  They called me a second time while I was listening to the first automated message and they also called both secondary contacts with the same message.  When I called the provided number back I had to listen to a whole series of automated messages and a long-prerecorded message wanting me to sign up for a personal security device.  When the recording finished they hung up - so apparently there wasn't a 'communication error' and they just wanted to upsell me something.  I am very annoyed.  This is highly unethical, using a potential problem as a ruse to get me to call them so they can sell me something.  This is the second time they did this to me - the first time they wanted to update my panel and sensors, etc. but I ended up getting a better price so I was OK with that.  How do I make it clear to Telus security that it is NOT OK to try to upsell me stuff and NOT to use the 'communication error' ruse?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did you reach out to our SmartHome team at their direct number?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

El-Eric

Hi @NicoleT  thank you for bringing this up. 

I do want to ensure that you called the technical support number for our SmartHome Security team.

I also sent you a message to ensure that the issue is resolved ASAP.

I recieved this same call and can't get through to telus support. Was on hold for more than half an hour. 

Did you reach out to our SmartHome team at their direct number?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.