cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security App Widget broken on iOS 18 - Update planned?

KeltieD
Neighbour

The widget for arming and disarming the security system and opening the garage door stopped working after updating to iOS 18. This feature was very convenient for quick actions on my iPhone.

Questions:

1. Are other users experiencing this issue?
  2. Is this a known problem with iOS 18?
  3. Is an app update planned to restore widget functionality?
  4. If an update is coming, what's the expected timeline?

Any information or workarounds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

14 REPLIES 14

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I updated to ios 18 and don't have any issues using the app. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app?

I sure have. I have no problems with the SmartHome app itself.   My issue is that I am no longer able to add a widget to my home screen that allows me to arm, disarm, lock, unlock etc. from my phone.  Prior to the upgrade to ios18, I had the widget on my home screen.  

Ned787
Neighbour

Experiencing same issue - no widget in iOS 18. The widget is super handy as navigating the app requires more taps.

I hope they take the opportunity of a rebuild to expand the functionality to include the ability to pause cameras from the widget. This  is another common function that is still too onerous via the app. 

Same here.  Thanks for positing it and hopefully some resolution soon. 

Same problem.  Hope Telus updates the widget/app soon….it is a huge advantage.

Feel free to send us a private message and we can discuss everything, thanks.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Not sure how private messaging you is going to help others who are also having the same issue.  

If you could kindly advise when an update will be made.  Thank you.

Hi I’m having this problem also the widget is no longer available. Can you help?

Our team is aware of the issue and actively working on a fix for it. There's an update in the works and while we can't provide a definitive timeframe, it shouldn't be too far on the horizon. Keep checking for app updates, and also try the workaround we mentioned above to see if that works for now!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Here is the answer I received via DM:

Hi there, several users have reported similar issues with the widget after updating to iOS 18. It seems to be affecting quick actions like arming and disarming the system. It is a recognized issue, and our technical teams are aware of it. We’re actively looking into what’s causing the compatibility problem. Our development team is working on a fix. We’re currently testing an update to resolve this specific widget issue. While we don’t have an exact timeline yet, we’re aiming to release an update within the next few weeks. Keep an eye out for updates to the app in the App Store. In the meantime, a potential workaround is to use the main app interface for arming and disarming or set up quick actions using Siri Shortcuts if you’re comfortable with that feature.

Thank you for this information. At least now we know it is an issue recognized by Telus and you are working on a solution. That is all we can ask for.
David
[Mod Edit: Removed personal info]

Hey David, please don't put your personal information such as email and phone numbers in a public forum. We want to keep your privacy safe 😁

Thanks. I noticed that after I posted it. Can you remove that post for me. Thanks.

No worries! I removed it for you