cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Unlinking and "There was a problem"

Twinkles21
Just Moved In

Hi there, i'm new to the forums. I have an Echo Show 8 and I've followed the instructions on downloading the Alexa app and linking the 'Telus Smart Home' skill. It finds all my devices except the skybell doorbell cam. However it immediately says "there was a problem" on the thermostat and front door lock. It says to see the device itself to fix? There's no inherent instructions on either to fix this issue. 

Lastly when I try and use Alexa to arm/disarm the panel, it says the device needs linking and to reconnect the link to use this feature. Once i reconnect and try it again,  it does the same thing. Like some error reboot loop. 

I've tried disconnecting the skill/reconnecting, reinstalling the Alexa app and it's the same thing. 

I have the following smart home Telus devices

- Doorbell cam (will not find at all)

- Front door lock

- Thermostat

- Panel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There's an existing discussion on this topic: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Security/Telus-Home-Assistant-keeps-unlinking-from-Alexa-app/td-p/125961

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There's an existing discussion on this topic: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Security/Telus-Home-Assistant-keeps-unlinking-from-Alexa-app/td-p/125961

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

sjones30
Friendly Neighbour
This seems to be a problem for many users. I have another thread on the same problem but haven’t found a solution yet. Uninstalling/reinstalling Alexa and re-linking accounts helped for a couple days but it didn’t hold. There are lots of negative reviews of TELUS Home Assistant skill now too, with people reporting the same issue.