cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pic tv

MaPetersen
Friendly Neighbour

I noticed I’m not the only one with this problem. My Pic tv remote can’t access my stations. I can scroll through the guide, but nothing happens when I select a channel. I spent several hours on the phone with Telus on Friday, but the problem was not resolved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you also look at the inability to scroll through the guide.  I suspect it's part of the same UI bug

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Two things come to mind:

Batteries

connection of the remote to the PikTV device; is it set to Bluetooth ? 
Sometimes unpairing and pairing the remote helps. This can be accomplished in settings, or by simultaneously pressing 4&6 to unpair, and 7&9 to pair.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

MaPetersen
Friendly Neighbour
I don’t see an option to unpair my remote in settings. And I don’t know how I could simultaneously press two numbers on my tv screen.

Sent from my iPhone

Are you having trouble with all channels or just specific channels? Are you logged in?

You can find remote pairing in Settings --> Device settings --> Remotes & Accessories --> TELUS Remote

@NFtoBC was referring to the numbers on your actual remote to pair/unpair 😀. I.e. press the 4&6 buttons on your remote control simultaneously to unpair.

MaPetersen
Friendly Neighbour
Yes, I’m logged in.
I have the same issue with all channels, although I am able to access On Demand shows.
On my Apple TV remote control there are no numbers.
When I go to settings (Pik tv settings) , I do not have an option that says Device settings.

Sent from my iPad

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please ignore my comments. Your original comment referenced your PikTV remote. I now understand you do not have a PikTV device.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

The development team is aware of the issue facing the Pik app Apple TV and not being able to start playing a program from the guide. As a workaround, you should be able to navigate to your channels via the 'Home' tab and 'On Now' row. You can scroll to the right to see what's on on various channels.

I recognize that this is not ideal, but the team is working on fixing it ASAP. Apologies for the inconvenience.

MaPetersen
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for that suggestion. I was able to access my channels using the method you suggested. I wish someone had mentioned that before. I spent 3 hours on the phone last week.
I would think that Telus could have sent customers an email explaining that this is a system issue, not my personal TV issue, long before I called in. This temporary solution could have been suggested at that time.
Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

Can you also look at the inability to scroll through the guide.  I suspect it's part of the same UI bug

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Yes - the development team is working on resolving this as well.

MaPetersen
Friendly Neighbour
My remote is for the Apple TV box, which I use for my Pic Tv. I guess I
should have clarified that.

Sent from my iPhone

Olegs
Neighbour

It's Wednesday Oct. 5th and PIK TV is unusable on Apple TV - again. I guess, Telus still working on it. Or not?

Better suggestion.

They need to stop selling this broken product.