cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBA on PikTV

jimKnopf128
Organizer
According to NBA.ca there are 3 NBA games on Canadian broadcasters scheduled for today. 2 on SportsNet, 1 on TSN. None show up in the program grid. I’m subscribed to SportsPack. I found one on SN NOW. Q: did something change in the distribution model?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meta-data in the TV schedule is provided to TV providers 2 weeks in advance. We upload it and if there are any last minute changes, there isn't a guarantee any subsequent upload will include it. If there are inconsistencies and it's reported to us well in advance, we may be able to contact our vendor and get the data updated in time but it's not always realistic as the end user would need to be aware of the change in scheduled programming also. 

I'm not sure there is a change in how/when the games are shown but if you notice this becoming a trend in the future, please let us know by including the following:

• Channel #: 
  • Channel Name:
  • Program Expected in Guide:
  • Actual Program Listed in Guide: 
  • Expected Start Time (EST/MST/PST): 
  • Expected End Time (EST/MST/PST):

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meta-data in the TV schedule is provided to TV providers 2 weeks in advance. We upload it and if there are any last minute changes, there isn't a guarantee any subsequent upload will include it. If there are inconsistencies and it's reported to us well in advance, we may be able to contact our vendor and get the data updated in time but it's not always realistic as the end user would need to be aware of the change in scheduled programming also. 

I'm not sure there is a change in how/when the games are shown but if you notice this becoming a trend in the future, please let us know by including the following:

• Channel #: 
  • Channel Name:
  • Program Expected in Guide:
  • Actual Program Listed in Guide: 
  • Expected Start Time (EST/MST/PST): 
  • Expected End Time (EST/MST/PST):

jimKnopf128
Organizer

I found out what the issue is: Sportsnet has found yet another revenue stream. It looks like they pulled a number of NBA games (I assume from other leagues as well) from their broadcasting program offerings and moved them to their newly established SportsnetNOW streaming service. I.e., if I want to continue watching the same number of games, I would have to subscribe to SportsnetNOW for an additional $16/mth - no thank you.