cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV broken for TV+ on AndroidTV (Sony Bravia)

ahizzle
Organizer

Based on the recent 1-star reviews in the Google Play store I am far from the only one experiencing this. Since Tuesday of this week (Feb 14, 2023) live TV has not functioned at all - restarting a show from the beginning works but isn't very convenient for sports or news.  Video starts and plays for about a third of a second, then the time bar "skips forward" ever so slightly and the screen just stays black.  

Anyone else having this problem?  And is there any sign that Telus will have a fix for this? At first I assumed my app was out of date so installed an update, but that didn't change anything - which leads me to believe this may actually be an issue on Telus' server side.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi Everyone, an update is made today to address the Sony TV Live TV playback issue. Please ensure you are updated to the latest app version 1.6.2.0. Please note the app store may take a couple of days to rollout the update to everyone. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Good news - playback works now. Bad news - the guide is completely broken for me (each channel showing 'no information' and impossible to change the channel when clicking it in the guide itself).

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @tek9 , can you try clearing your data and see if it resolves the issue?

Settings > Apps > TELUS TV+ > Clear data

That did the trick. Thank you.

Thanks this worked for me

Success! Live TV works again.  Thanks @Optik-Kate & team.

Good Job, thanks.