cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inatalling Pik TV on my Sony Google TV

hungmc0323
Just Moved In

Hello Everyone, I recently bought a Sony Google TV and I would like to use PikTV on it.

Upon my seach of PikTV on the built-in Google Play Store, it suggests the item is not available in my country even I am now in Canada. Thus, I have no way to download the PikTV app.

Would someone mind offering help please?

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hungmc0323 Is your Google account geo setting showing Canada? I checked on a Sony TV and was able to locate the Pik TV app via Google Playstore.

Just as an FYI: the Pik TV app is supported on Sony Smart TVs manufactured in 2017 or later, running the Android TV OS (Android 8/Oreo or higher) with at least 1.5 GB of RAM. This includes individual models under the Sony Bravia VU, VH1, 2K and 4K product lines. Check out this article for more info. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hungmc0323 Is your Google account geo setting showing Canada? I checked on a Sony TV and was able to locate the Pik TV app via Google Playstore.

Just as an FYI: the Pik TV app is supported on Sony Smart TVs manufactured in 2017 or later, running the Android TV OS (Android 8/Oreo or higher) with at least 1.5 GB of RAM. This includes individual models under the Sony Bravia VU, VH1, 2K and 4K product lines. Check out this article for more info. 

xray
Hero

@hungmc0323 wrote:

Hello Everyone, I recently bought a Sony Google TV and I would like to use PikTV on it.

Upon my seach of PikTV on the built-in Google Play Store, it suggests the item is not available in my country even I am now in Canada. Thus, I have no way to download the PikTV app.

Would someone mind offering help please?

Thank you so much!

Your post implies you were previously not in Canada. The Play Store determines your location from your Google account or the IP address of the device and maybe a combination of both under certain circumstances.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7431675