cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleTV PikTV unable to select content/scroll

SirIsaac
Helpful Neighbour
Prior to is 16 the PikTV app on AppleTV has been a hit or miss. With the launch of is 16 I can barely select and scroll within the app. I’ve contacted support and have troubleshooted with them numerous times eg. install, uninstall, login, log out. The work around is watch the show on my other Apple devices and share screen. It’s pathetic.
12 REPLIES 12

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

What version of the Pik TV app are you running? Is it App version 2.1.1 Build version 202? If not, I would recommend installing the newest version. 

You can find this info in Pik TV settings (the gear icon at the right-hand side of the top menu navigation).

SirIsaac
Helpful Neighbour
I can confirm the above is what I am utilizing. No luck.

applesauce
Friendly Neighbour

I also have the non-scrolling through guide listings issue - *sometimes* it works for a very limited time, but most of the time I just check the guide listings on laptop then watch on TV. kinda lame.

SirIsaac
Helpful Neighbour
I’m back on this site trying to find a solution.. when I am connected with a tech to troubleshoot it’s the same advice “uninstall, sign out, restart, etc.” there is no accountability that the app needs improvement @KHR (above) asked me to confirm the same and once I replied, @KHR became a ghost

applesauce
Friendly Neighbour

sometimes I have reinstalled the app and it works for a while, other times not. I cannot see any rhyme or reason

It seems that I’ve downloaded and removed the app more times than actually watching TV. Do you also see playback errors when trying to resume an on demand item?

applesauce
Friendly Neighbour

i do see playback errors, but more on app resumption - perhaps has something to do with having watched on laptop. intermittent and inconsistent - i just hit okay and they don't interfere at all.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @SirIsaac 

I'm sorry I 'became a ghost'; I took a vacation, though I did pass your information onto our technical team. 

The reddit posts you link to are 7 months old; one pertains to Android TV and the other Apple TV, but there have been multiple Apple TV app updates over the past 7 months (as well as an Apple TV OS upgrade). The latest Pik TV app update (I'm on tvOS 16 on a 6th gen Apple TV, running App version 2.1.1, Build version 202, with my TV service provider login disabled). Guide scrolling is fine, and my bookmarks (resume feed) are fine. The touchpad on my Siri remote is a little finicky, so I prefer to use the d-Pad. Alternatively, if your TV supports HDMI-CEC, you can use the OEM remote to control your Apple TV to avoid the touchpad. In any event, it seems you have an issue that our technical team can't reproduce after the latest updates. If you send me a direct message, I can connect you with our development team to try and troubleshoot further - there are so many variables that may be impacting your setup. 

SirIsaac
Helpful Neighbour

@dru @KHR

Welcome back from (I am sure a well-deserved) vacation.

I can appreciate time off and each of us is deserving of one, however, should you have responded three weeks ago with a reply (similar to what you noted above) "I have escalated your concerns and will provide you with an update once able", this would have been acceptable. Posting the Reddit information was more/less a tactic to get traction for a response, since I was assured a number of times via chat and phone calls that the Telus Neighbourhood team is "quite responsive". In my initial post for this thread,  I have indicated that I have spoken to support via phone and web chat, and have had no luck with them. I do believe that speaking with the development team would be a beneficial, thank you for this suggestion. 

I will send you a direct message but wanted to update this thread accordingly as other users have expressed interest with knowing if I've been provided with a solution. 

Thank you and talk soon. 

TerryE
Just Moved In
I have the same problem (ATV4k). I can’t scroll down through to the guide. I can scroll everywhere else except in the “guide” section where it doesn’t allow me to scroll down and can only scroll across the top. I have done what TELUS have advised (logout, reinstall, etc etc) with no result. Of course.
If anyone has a solution, please let me know. As it stands, I am wasting my money and ready to move to another company.

applesauce
Friendly Neighbour

lately, its been better - I can reliably get back to scrolling within the app by closing (dismissing) the current app window and re-opening the app --- this has now worked for me 100% of the time, for at least 3 weeks. There have been numerous times (20+ (?)) that I've had to do this.

I hope this helps