cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pvr deleted all recordings

hedyp
Just Moved In

My mom was having an issue where she noticed a show wasn't recording. Last time she saw it happen, she restarted the box, recorded the episode at a later time, and it was fine. When she restarted it today, every recording she had was deleted. We waited about an hour to see if they would return -- they didn't. We tried restarting it again, as well as the other box we have. Still nothing. I reset the internet just on the off chance it would help and it didn't. My mom is a senior and has surgery coming up this month so this has been very frustrating for her. Is there ANY way to get the recordings back? Does anybody have any tips? Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If it's the standard Optik TV PVR, there is a chance the hard drive might have failed in it or is malfunctioning. If that's the case, the PVR would need to be replaced. Recordings unfortunately cannot be restored since they were only stored on the drive itself.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂