cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hdmi cable

mapp6868
Friendly Neighbour

HI,

I just got my new 4k pvr box.pardon me for the silly question i am senior trying not get freaked out by the new tech.my tv is 12 years old still working well the new box does not come with the breakout cable but can it be replaced by a single HDMI cable as opposed to the RCA type cable with the 5 inputs to the tv? i am just trying to make sure i can do the change with no drama.Thank you,mapp6868

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero
It's not a silly question.
It's not clear whether your TV has a HDMI input or not. I would think a 12 year old TV should support HDMI so you don't need to use a breakout cable.

Did you need the breakout cable with the old PVR or are you a new Optik customer?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xray
Hero
It's not a silly question.
It's not clear whether your TV has a HDMI input or not. I would think a 12 year old TV should support HDMI so you don't need to use a breakout cable.

Did you need the breakout cable with the old PVR or are you a new Optik customer?

mapp6868
Friendly Neighbour

HI,

Thanks for your reply! my tv does have an HDMI input,i am a long time Telus client so i do have the old breakout cable but the HDMI cable should replace that right? Thanks again for your help! mapp6868