cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I book a support visit?

AbCust
Neighbour

After working very hard to get to a human, I spent 75 minutes on the phone explaining the problems with my pvr/set top box. John agreed to book a technician, then he was unable to due to system problems.

He gave me a ticket number, not that I can use that anywhere at telus. Anyway, I asked him to call me once he was able to book a technician. He called me back 20 minutes later, gave me the date and time.

Two days later, the appointment doesn't show up  online. I have received no notifications of the appointment.

Here I am trying to get a human again. been on hold for 45 minutes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's definitely not the customer experience we want to have...was the second agent able to set up a visit for you?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AbCust
Neighbour

Finally found a second human, she confirmed that the ticket number John gave me is invalid, there is no appointment booked, and furthermore there are no entries on my file considering the issues I had reported. 

I asked John for his employee id during the time wasting call with him, as it was clear to me that he didn't have any knowledge other than the script that he was following in a playbook. He claimed it is telus policy to not give out employee information. I did not receive any option to give feedback on this support experience.  All I wanted is a set-top box that doesn't crash every day. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's definitely not the customer experience we want to have...was the second agent able to set up a visit for you?

Negative. She indicated that prior to booking a visit I would have to schedule a remote debug session. It is an intermittent fault, so I asked her to ship me a replacement unit to self install, which she said she would arrange. I've received instructions on how to return the existing unit, but no information on when the new unit is shipping, other than her verbal 3-5 business days.