cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus tv+ Local Radio Stations

missiongrrl
Neighbour
I've had the new Telus TV+ STB with the Core package for a couple of days now. For the life of me I can't find the local radio stations. Telus's website claims the radio stations are available through the Stingray Music app which isn't true. They're supposed to be included with the Core/Essential channels. Where are they?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

There won't be anything on an actual channel as that was for the older Optik version only. Also it appears that local radio isn't yet available for the Android TV app for Stingray. An alternative is to download their mobile app and connect via bluetooth to any speakers you may have!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Have you downloaded the Stingray Music app? It doesn't come preinstalled in the service, and has to be downloaded manually first.

missiongrrl
Neighbour
I have downloaded it, yes. Also attempting to tune the live TV to 550 or 7505 does nothing.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

There won't be anything on an actual channel as that was for the older Optik version only. Also it appears that local radio isn't yet available for the Android TV app for Stingray. An alternative is to download their mobile app and connect via bluetooth to any speakers you may have!

missiongrrl
Neighbour
That's what I thought. Thanks though.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@missiongrrl @A-B If you are using the new Telus remote, you can tell Google to play a certain radio station and it'll start streaming it. Hit the Google button on the remote and tell it to "Play <insert radio station>". For example I can tell it to 'play 91.7 KISS FM Edmonton' and it'll start streaming it through Tune-In.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

st0106
Advocate
Radio stations included in paid live TV sub is gonna br a thing of the past. Bell has been doing this for at least 1.5 years in QC: about three dozens of stations listed on website but only ONE is actually available, and it doesn’t event have playback! Hilariously, the agent told me those channels, including a few mtl uni’s broadcasting a few hundreds of meters are actually available in Ontario with non-alc packs other than the Starter!!! Now we all have read the news happened this month.