cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus box not working properlyx

Telusjunkie
Just Moved In

I am having problems with FFW, rewind, pause and stop on my Optik TV box. I think they are called "quick tricks"?

I have tried, resetting the box (unplugging), rebooting the router and the pvr, taking the batteries out of the remote and they all seem to work for a day or two and then it is back to the same issue. 

If I get closer to the box with the remote or point it at a certain angle it might work.

I have had the system for 8 or 9 years and this is a common problem that reoccurs. I would like a permanent fix if at all possible.

Suggestions??

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The router should have nothing to do with the issue you describe if you're having issues with the PVR itself. Unplugging the set top box is merely a reboot. A reset is something different and should only be done after talking with tech support.

It really sounds like a remote issue. Have your flat out replaced the batteries in the remote? If it's not batteries and there's a hardware issue with the remote, there's no real troubleshooting for that. It would need to be replaced. That is an easy process so if you haven't already, contact tech support.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂