cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Optik box crashing

Supergostan
Neighbour
We have two optik boxes on Pure Fibre gig speed. One of them is stuck in a boot cycle and the other will work for a while, then the image and sound freezes and it reboots. This happens multiple times per day and I have no idea why.

Any thoughts, or does anyone else experience this? On top of the 3G cell service I get in our Edmonton neighborhood, I don’t think I’ll be with Telus much longer.
6 REPLIES 6

xray
Hero

If you've already tried power cycling the boxes then it's likely a hardware issue. You need to contact Telus customer service to get replacements.

Spontaneous reboots sometimes are a sign that the boxes are overheating. Do you have the boxes in a cabinet or stacked on other electronics?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using Telus supplied hardware only or your own router?

It's all Telus gear.   Two 4K boxes and the main router.  

Which hardware are the supplied boxes Arris or Technicolor?

Our main box (which fails sporadically while watching live tv/PVR) is on a wire shelf, nothing around it, ample air flow.  It was just replaced by Telus within the last year as the PVR failed on our last one.

I think I'll be getting in touch with Telus to have everything replaced. 

@Supergostan wrote:

It was just replaced by Telus within the last year as the PVR failed on our last one.

Did they just replace the box or did you get a new power supply as well? Faulty power supplies can cause those symptoms as well.