cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing OptikTV on its own

Parkebench
Just Moved In

I’m a current Shaw customer who will be leaving them next month. My roommate took an offer from Telus and signed us up for Gigabit Fibre Internet from Telus, but decided not to add on any TV service since we tend to mostly watch streaming services. The one missing piece is sports coverage and I do enjoy my tennis matches.

Is there any way to purchase Optik TV as a stand alone service under my name? It will still be connecting using the Telus Fibre, and I probably don’t even need the set top box as I have a 4K Apple TV box, not to mention my iPad which is my go to platform for watching Tennis anyway using the Shaw or TSN app.

And, is there any way to try out the service one the Internet is connected? I see so many complaints regarding picture quality in these forums that I’d like to test it out on a non contract basis before agreeing to a 2 year term. Or does the 2 year term allow cancellation in the first 30 days is I’m unsatisfied?

Thanks!

Parke

1 REPLY 1

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Standalone Optik TV is definitely an option and you have 15 days to trial the services to see if it's a right fit for you 🙂