cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Google Remote To Old Sharp TV

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
Recently signed up for Telus, and did self install for 2 optik tv+ digital boxes. Main living room tv had no issues, secondary bedroom tv will not link to remote. Going through the automated setup process, the box recognizes that it is a Sharp TV and guides through 3 different options for remote codes. None of them work, and it says “unable to link to this tv.” This Sharp Tv is older… somewhere in the 2010-2012 range, but prior to having Telus TV I had Shaw Blue Curve tv and had no issues linking their voice remote to this tv. Is there a manual link option, or is there something else I could try?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BCTV 

The manual process is slightly different for the TELUS TV Digital Box remote with Google Assistant. The instructions aren't included in the link @FuzzyLogic shared since there are thousands of codes for the hundreds of TV manufacturers and automatic pairing is normally quite robust.

1. Press and hold both the input and OK buttons on your remote for 3 seconds. The green LED should stay on.

2.  Enter the first code using the number pad. The green LED will blink twice and then go off. 

3. Test the mute or volume up/down button. If these work, you're done.

4. If they don't work, repeat steps 1-3 for subsequent codes.

Sharp TV codes:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey. On our end we actually have a bunch of codes to try for Sharp TV's and since you mentioned that you tried just a few, give these a go:

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
Sounds good, I’ll give those a try… How can I manually input codes? The automated setup went through 3 different codes automatically and just said It was unable to link the remote to the tv. I didn’t see an option for entering codes manually.

Sent from my iPhone

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

There should be steps you're looking for here: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/program-slimline-remote-2

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
These seem to be instructions for the older style slimline remote. I have the Bluetooth remote with Google assistant, see attached photo. Is the procedure the same? Or is it a different process?

upload_-aW1hZ2UwLnBuZw==-7968014497932416674..png
Sent from my iPhone

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

This may help:

At any point after the first-time installation, you can choose to control your TV using your TELUS Remote. From the Home screen, navigate to Settings → Device settingsRemotes & AccessoriesProgram Remote with TV and follow the steps on screen.

Source Set up your TELUS TV Digital Box Remote | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BCTV 

The manual process is slightly different for the TELUS TV Digital Box remote with Google Assistant. The instructions aren't included in the link @FuzzyLogic shared since there are thousands of codes for the hundreds of TV manufacturers and automatic pairing is normally quite robust.

1. Press and hold both the input and OK buttons on your remote for 3 seconds. The green LED should stay on.

2.  Enter the first code using the number pad. The green LED will blink twice and then go off. 

3. Test the mute or volume up/down button. If these work, you're done.

4. If they don't work, repeat steps 1-3 for subsequent codes.

Sharp TV codes:

BCTV
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you very much KHR! The process you shared worked! The second code on your list was the one for my TV. Thanks to everyone else who also contributed and tried to help!
Sent from my iPhone