cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programing an Optik TV Remote Slimline 2

shegide
Organizer

There's a lot more to this story but for now I'd like to know how to program the Optik TV remote when you can't increase the volume of the STB because the only thing the remote can do is turn the STB on or off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here is the info for programming the remote:

Program your Slimline Remote 2 for Optik TV | TELUS Support

It's often a matter of trial and error to find the right code for you TV. I found this website that lists codes to try:

https://theproductanalyst.com/hisense-tv-remote-codes/

Good Luck. 

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I would try resetting it. The instructions can be found here:

Troubleshoot Optik TV remote control issues | Support | TELUS Business

shegide
Organizer

Hey FuzzyLogic and thank you for your reply. Ok, the remote is reset and it still turns the STB off and on. It seems the next step is to program it. Is there a simple way to do that? 

First post about this I mentioned there was more going on. Bought a budget Hisense TV which my son set up, including programing the Telus remote. It wasn't an ideal set up because I had to use the Hisense remote too much. After three or four days, I lost access to Optik TV. Telus remote did not work and so here I am. Making matters worse Telus has no code for this Hisense model (2022).

Am I correct in assuming that the issue is the remote and probably the code? Also, I'm not used to having to use a TV remote so much. I find it intrusive and would prefer that the TV minded it's own business.😊 Any tips?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here is the info for programming the remote:

Program your Slimline Remote 2 for Optik TV | TELUS Support

It's often a matter of trial and error to find the right code for you TV. I found this website that lists codes to try:

https://theproductanalyst.com/hisense-tv-remote-codes/

Good Luck.