cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV not recording

ROB10
Neighbour

Hi, 

Anyone else have issues where programs record just fine then for some reason dont record anymore?  There is plenty of space on my PVR and i can see the program is set to record but it just doesnt happen.  I  have reset my modem and unplugged all of my cable boxes and still nothing is recording.  It has happened in the past and previously just unplugged the cable boxes and that seemed to work but no longer.  Perhaps time for a hardware upgrade but not sure how i make that happen.

Cheers,

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you deleted previous scheduled recordings from the (channel/channels) and tried to setup a scheduled recording again?

Hi,

This is even for a new recording, i.e. could be watching a sporting event, hit record midway, it shows as it will be recorded but when you view “your recordings” it doesn’t actually record.

Tx,

Rob

The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and any copies.

Just went through this. It started happening about a week ago. After messing around with the AI help requested a real person and they did a reboot from their end. Total time spent @2 hours. Worked for less than a week and back to not recording even though showing it is. Spent another two hours on the phone today and tech rebooted again and is sending a new PVR. Problem is it won’t be here for 5 days or so and I want to record the Super Bowl on Sunday. When I hook up the new PVR I will loose all of the recordings on the old PVR. There is no work around to save the recordings that I can find. I’m thinking I should send telus a bill for my time and they can use it to offset the the stacked fees I pay.

ROB10
Neighbour

Thanks so much for your input!  Its nice to communicate with a real person not some silly "bot" that keeps asking me "what the problem is" and agree on sending Telus a bill for the time spent on this!! Cheers Rob