cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik PVR Resume Play will sometimes “Start Over” instead

Speedyf16
Just Moved In

This issue occurs on both my 4K boxes, non-4K wired and non-4K wireless boxes.

When switching between different PVR recordings and/or live TV, clicking “Resume Play” will instead trigger “Start Over” instead, even if navigating very slowly. Happens approx. 50% of the time. Very annoying as I lose my spot and have to skip forward to where I last was. Us Users typically watch multiple shows at once while they’re recording and catch up as far as possible on each and then switch back to another, but the PVRs seem not to like us doing this. 

Is  this a known issue?

2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Speedyf16 very sorry about that. That's definitely not a widespread issue. If power cycling your PVR (unplugging the power cord from the back of the box, waiting a bit and re-inserting it to resync with your network) doesn't resolve the issue, your best bet would be to reach out to our Tech Support team at 1-888-811-2323 and have them connect and investigate from their end!

This may be more widespread than you think. It has happened to me frequently during the past year. I have power cycled the PVR with no improvement. Annoying issue.