cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Leak on TelusTVplus.com App (using Edge on PC) ?

Grimmt
Advisor

Grimmt_0-1698793720371.png

msedge.exe consumed 8GB of memory while watching a curling event (after 2.5 hours).   I killed the msedge.exe browser tab running the telustvplus app process and the memory was immediately released.

I cleaned up and started a new edge browser and found the TelusTVplus app on Edge/PC consumed approx 250-350MB every 5 minutes when watching a live program.  It consumed memory even when the program was paused. 

Please have a developer (either Telus or 3SS) look at this.

Perhaps the memory is used oportunistically(?), and will drop off when memory pressure becomes an issue?

Edit: removed "more" to avoid confusion - the memory consumption increased when playing and pausing.

Edit 2: elaborated on potential effect mitigation

8 REPLIES 8

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Grimmt , I don't have answers for this but I'll check with the team and let you know when I have an update, thanks for flagging!

Hoping you still have eyes on this issue Kate! Thanks for looking into this.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi, I got an update from the lead on this that the memory usage is within the acceptable levels. That said, we'll do some more verifying internally to see if any optimizations can be done. I will update again when I hear back!

I did not see any memory issues or lag when closing today.  Was streaming the same channel for over 2 hours.  I am not sure when the last time I experienced this issue but have not noticed for over a week for sure.  Since JanVS is still experiencing this issue today I'll report back if I ever see it again.

I must have two accounts... I am also MikeW. lol

MikeW
Just Moved In

I am seeing this too.  I even got a message from the browser saying out of memory one time.  Usually it just takes a long time to exit a feed (by hitting X in upper left).

Thanks for confirming what I am seeing, Mike.

JanVS
Just Moved In

I am also experiencing this issue, are they any updates available?