cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see Free previews?

AndyR
Neighbour

I know there are free previews offered, but these channels and locked on my guide and only give me an option to subscribe.  How do I access the free preview channels?  Ie HGTV and Adult swim are available until end of September. 

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

To access free preview channels, you usually don't need to subscribe manually—they should automatically be unlocked during the promotional period. However, if these channels appear locked on your guide and are prompting you to subscribe, it could be an issue with how your account or TV guide is syncing.

Try to:

1. Restart your TV box: Power cycle your Optik TV box by unplugging it for about 10 seconds, then plugging it back in.
  2. Refresh your guide: Sometimes the guide may need to be refreshed. 
  3. Check for updates: Ensure that your Optik TV box has the latest software updates.
  4. Use the Optik TV app: If the free preview doesn’t appear on your TV, check if you can access these channels through the Optik TV app or browser version, as it might update more quickly.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

BobArthur
Ambassador

If you do use the old Telus box ( Optik 4K ) then you do have to manually activate any free preview channels you want to watch.