cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect wireless 4k box to wifi booster?

mopudding
Organizer

My T3200 router's wireless signal is too weak for my living room wireless 4k box. So, I added a Telus wifi booster, connected my 4k box and it works great.

I've now added a second booster in the office (T3200 router's wireless signal is too weak to reach her too). So I added a 2nd Telus wifi booster (plugged into an ethernet wall jack), but I cannot connect my VIP5602W 4k box to the newly added 2nd booster.

How can I connect my VIP5602W 4k box to my newly added 2nd booster?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To add to my comment, it is best to call in to technical support so they can determine if your WSTB RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) is within the threshold. If not, they will likely book an appointment for a technician to install a wireless extender where you can hardwire/wirelessly connect your VIP5602 so it has closer proximity to the wireless access point (WAP).

1.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not sure which booster you are using but presumeably it has a WPS button on the back. I believe the only way to connect a Telus box to your wifi is with the WPS button as per the self installtion instructions:

Optik TV self install | TELUS Support

There is also helpful info in the troubleshooting section.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

WPS button on the booster didn't work. The Telus box just doesn't see it

Robert9
Organizer

Hardwiring your Wireless Set-top Box (VIP5602) may be logically possible but is not recommended as it may compromised your booster's Wi-Fi performance because the unit is not designed to work that way. Also, pairing your WSTB to the Wi-Fi Booster via WPS is not supported unless what you have is the Boost Wi-Fi 6 AP which is only provided to PureFibre customers.

To add to my comment, it is best to call in to technical support so they can determine if your WSTB RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) is within the threshold. If not, they will likely book an appointment for a technician to install a wireless extender where you can hardwire/wirelessly connect your VIP5602 so it has closer proximity to the wireless access point (WAP).

1.jpg

My issue is that I cannot connect my VIP5602W to my wireless booster.

@mopudding TELUS has two types of Wi-Fi Booster, the regular Wi-Fi Boost & the Boost Wi-Fi 6 (for PureFibre). If what you have is the is the one below and if it's already hardwired to the ethernet jack in your office room, this booster does not support Optik TV wireless pairing. This unit is not designed to support that functionality. It may be logically possible to hardwire your VIP5602 to the boost unit but it is an unsupported setup. The unit only has 1 ethernet at the back, that is so it can be wired in if it's not within the range of Main Unit for wireless communication

fibre-img-boost.jpg