cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide issue - No information

JeffR
Friendly Neighbour

I have the new Google-based Telus TV+ box, and am having some issues with the Guide. Often, when I wake up the TV box from a period of dormancy, the Guide shows "No information" for most channels at the current time. It's fine starting at the top of the next hour, but the current time doesn't have any programming.

Normally that would just be an annoyance, but if there's "No information" in a slot, hitting "OK" won't do anything. In other words, it seems you can't change the channel to one that has no information in the guide.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @JeffR 

When the box wakes up from sleep, the guide refreshes the data from our provider to show the most up-to-date information. Mine is normally instantaneous for current data and time, but when I scroll right for future dates/times, it can take a few seconds to populate. Does yours not populate at all? 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've run into a similar issue with mine once before. The guide was just blank and I couldn't select a channel in it. Live TV worked fine if I just changed channels individually. The guide eventually corrected itself but even rebooting the box several times did not refresh the guide data for me that one time I had the problem.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

JeffR
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks @Nighthawk  - at least I know I'm not the only one. It seems to correct itself for me as well, but I assume that's just because the time catches up with the guide. I did a factory reset on my TV box this morning, at the suggestion of Telus support, and it hasn't occurred again yet today, so fingers crossed!

JeffR
Friendly Neighbour

Hi @KHR  - my guide is almost fully populated, except for the current hour-block. Almost every channel shows "no information" for the current block, then is fine for the next hour. 

Harpreett
Organizer
That’s weird that that new box is doing that just wondering how you got your hands on is it on it since I can’t get my hands on it yet?