cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite channels

Rocky3
Rockstar

I finally got the ability to choose favorite channels from my subscribed channels. GREAT right.

However, my wife does not know that after you turn it off and back on again you have to again and again choose favorite as it defaults to subscribed. Also the start over switch defaults to off.

WHY? Can we please have settings that stick to the last chosen so you do not have to reset on each TV startup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rocky3
Rockstar

The solution to this thread would be having the ability to choose and have that choice locked in until we choose to change it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great feedback. @Optik-Kate can you forward this back to our team if it's not a known issue as well?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rocky3 , this came up a couple of times in the neighbourhood and we're visiting the design logic for this. Please stay tuned! 

Rocky3
Rockstar

November 29, 2023. A month has gone by and each time the box is turned on must press guide, then options, choose favorites only to avoid extra unwanted channels from displaying. Thinking of leaving the box on 24/7 and just use remote for TV to turn off TV set only as the solution. Has a software update been rolled out? Have not noticed any of the issues others have brought up being resolved

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rocky3 , the update for this month doesn't include making the favourite filter stick. I will be posting a list of changes soon, please stay tuned. 

How about this month, a month later. I am really feeling sad about the world ahead if the new generation of IT people cannot solve such simple things like this. Eprom comes to mind, a chip that held your settings with or without power.

Why is every post before given the option to Accept as Solution? The only solution would be if my chosen settings remained after powering down. Maybe the solution is to leave the box ON 24/7.

Great as I am having the same problem. Favourites list goes blank after every visit to the app

burnabyplumber
Neighbour

This is still an issue.  After selecting the favourite channels it does not default to it.  Can this be done?

Rocky3
Rockstar

The solution to this thread would be having the ability to choose and have that choice locked in until we choose to change it.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rocky3 @burnabyplumber, I have some good news. The guild filter will be defaulted to your choice of selection in the upcoming release in Feb!