cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 4-44-1002

CraigD
Neighbour

Yesterday this error code 4-44-1002 appeared when I was trying to resume streaming a show on Optik TV on my computer (using latest version of Chrome). I have not been able to watch any show since. The error message is "High-bandwidth digital protection error". 

I have been searching for this error code but so far have found no useful information.

Can anyone tell me what this error is and help resolve it?

3 REPLIES 3

Optik-App-Paperclip
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Are you connecting your computer to a monitor / TV with an HDMI cord? This may be an HDMI cord triggered issue. If so try unplugging the HDMI cord and let me know if you're able to stream content on your computer then. If this is not a hardware issue we'll try the other options. 

CraigD
Neighbour

The issue resolved after I posted. Now the issue is recurring. I have not been able to watch Optic TV on my computer for 3 days. Same error code and error message as above. I am not connected via an HDMI cable. I am on Telus Wifi.

CraigD
Neighbour

I resolved this issue, kind of. I disabled Bitdefender antivirus protection (I have the free version) and can now stream Optik TV on Google Chrome. I re-enabled Bitdefender and again received the error message (4-44-1002) when I tried to stream a show.  I tried adding "https://watchoptik.telus.com" as an exclusion but that does not help. I will reach out to Bitdefender Support to see if they can help.