Does anyone know when Telus will offer Great American Family Channel

AHS
Just Moved In

Does anyone know when Telus will offer Great American Family Channel

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The CRTC has not approved that channel to enter the Canadian market, for any provider. Telus won't be able to offer that channel until the CRTC approves it. Like many other niche American channels, that CRTC approval is not going to happen. The main issue will be the broadcast rights to the shows airing on the channel. If another broadcaster in Canada already has the Canadian broadcast rights to any of the shows airing on Great American Family, then the CRTC typically will not approve the American channel.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

AHS
Just Moved In

Thanks Nighthawk -- I did some digging on the CRTC website and found: "Canadian sponsor (for example, a distributor, programming service or industry organization) makes a formal request to the CRTC."

I sure hope Telus sees the value in Great American Family Channel and does that. It's desireable enough for me to switch providers.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you asked your current provider?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂