cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Agent does not allow upgrading from Optik 2.0 to Optik 4.0

telus1203
Organizer

my uncle currently has optik 2.0 (which uses Essentials) and has older box, but wants to upgrade to Telustv-21T  (android) box.  Agent told , you need  optik 4.0 and cannot be upgraded from optik 2.0. 

only way to get optik 4.0 is to sign up a new account.  and also told,  you cannot sign up a new account unless you cancel your telus service and wait 90 days.

i find this silly that, they want us to cancel the service for 90 days and sign up a new account, just to upgrade to optik 4.0.

i know this is just one customer , but does Telus really want to lose business for 90 days?

any solution?

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User
As has been discussed previously on the forums, existing Optik customers will eventually be upgraded to the new hardware. It just takes time to roll out several million set top boxes. His best option for now is to just be patient.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

buckycat
Leader

It probably a good thing that they are using new customers as Guinea pigs while they iron out the kinks.

st0106
Advocate
Telus probably thinks people that are thinking about switching to a new plan at a time other than Nov. sales period has a household with enough members to register as a new customer. Otherwise how can they justify the high subscription bill? lol