cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Slimline 2 remote control TV and Amp (soundbar) along with STB?

ComeAlongBort
Neighbour

My Slimline 1 remote finally broke so now I have to use the crappy Slimline 2 remote. Is there any way to program it to control both my Sharp TV and LG soundbar or will I have to use one of those remotes to use that device alongside the STB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chicnstu
Leader

You can program both a TV code and an Amplifier code in to your remote to get it to control the power on the TV and volume from the soundbar. Follow the steps on this page to get it going. If you can't find a code specifically for your soundbar, try the auto search function. If things get messed up you can enter code 9999 to reset the remote to factory settings and try again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I fed my soundbar from the optical output on my TV. Although the Slimline 2 does not switch the power of the soundbar, it does address the output volume (via the TV).

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Chicnstu
Leader

You can program both a TV code and an Amplifier code in to your remote to get it to control the power on the TV and volume from the soundbar. Follow the steps on this page to get it going. If you can't find a code specifically for your soundbar, try the auto search function. If things get messed up you can enter code 9999 to reset the remote to factory settings and try again.