cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Attempting to) Change Theme Packs

starchoice
Ambassador

Why is dealing with Telus so exasperating? I have to say that Shaw Direct was a much better experience when dealing with issues. So I was able to finally "renew" my "contract" for my multitude of home services. Now I want to change a theme pack. Of course, I cannot do it online. I get an error message saying something went wrong and to try again later. I think I know what went wrong knowing how Telus works. Even though I "renewed" my "contract" with exactly the same channel package, I'm guessing that the Telus "computer" will not allow changes for 30 days since this is probably understood by the computer as a new package although there is nothing new to it but this is not right. Okay, so I figure I can contact Telus and they can just override any blocks since technically, I have not made any recent channel/theme pack changes. Nope. Telus rep tells me that she gets an "error". So apparently she is not able to do anything more than I can do, probably logs into the same screen. So you would think that there would be a second level to deal with these issues. Yes and no. She is escalating it but tells me it will be 24 - 48 hours. Really? It will take 24 - 48 hours to check into a theme pack swap. This should be quite simple and should be easily within the capacity of a front line rep. So both me and the rep get an error message but nothing additional to indicate the nature of the "error". This is not my first horse race with Telus. I am guessing that nothing will be done as usual, necessitating a further call. By the time it gets handled, 30 days will have passed and the problem will likely correct itself. It's not an earth shattering situation but it would be nice to be able to swap theme packs as advertised to watch some upcoming programs that will obviously be missed because of this. You would think that a business as large as Telus would have worked these types of things out. 

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I had issues changing Theme packs and had to call Telus to get it sorted out. I'm a long time Telus customer and apparently my plan needed to be 'updated' before I could make changes online myself. I was getting the same error you were seeing until the changes were made.

Hopefully they will get you sorted out shortly.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

starchoice
Ambassador

Update: Checked online yesterday and my theme package options showed up so I was able to add/delete a theme pack. Of course, the Telus rep had told me that they were going to do this do this. I received no notification or anything so if I had not checked, I would not know that the issue was fixed.