cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acorn TV: Foyle's War - Only Seasons 8 & 9 showing

LizG
Just Moved In

Shouldn't there be all 9 seasons of Foyle's War available through Acorn? Mine only shows season 8 & 9.

Thanks,

Liz

23 REPLIES 23

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LizG We've reached out to the vendor and we'll update here if we learn anything new. Thanks for letting us know!

Karenquilter
Friendly Neighbour
I too am missing all but seasons 8 and 9 of foyles war also episode 1 of season 23 of Midsomer murders is airing the incorrect episode

Karenquilter
Friendly Neighbour
I too am missing all but seasons 8 and 9 of Foyle's War and also midsummer murders season 23 episode 1 is airing an incorrect episode.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LizG Good news: we're on track to upload the missing seasons by the end of the week 🙂

LizG
Just Moved In

Thanks Dru! I checked last night and they were all there.

Cheers,

Liz

rc
Rockstar

@dru add to the list of missing episodes of Programs on Acorn TV.

Dead Still Missing Episode 1

The Great Train Robbery (2013 Series) missing episode 2 A coppers Tale.

Also there are only 96 Series available on Optik TV while many more series are available on the Acorn TV Website.  Why is this?

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking into this. Will update you when/if there's something to share 🙂

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rc Missing episodes are on the way. We're working with the vendor to get them uploaded soon.

To answer your second question, licensing can affect what we are able to make available for viewing.

@dru
Add to the list of missing episodes, episode 1 and of the series dead lucky.

Based on the number of missing episode, someone should do a quality audit.

Also I did a look at a a significant number of acorn tv series that are listed on their website and not on iptik and found only one series with the caveat "not available in Canada". Again acorn tv needs to do a quality audit.

gjohl
Just Moved In

Hi , Foyle's war on Acorn TV is missing all seasons other than 8 and 9. can you get other seasons added as well? thanks

gjohl
Just Moved In

Foyles War seasons are missing for many users. Can this issue be fixed for everyone? Thanks

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Flagged to our content team to look into again, thanks.

Karenquilter
Friendly Neighbour
Hi, I am new to this forum and not sure if I did it correctly. I hit reply to Dru to post. At the risk of repeating, I am also only getting seasons 8 and 9 of Foyle's War and getting the wrong episode for Midsomer Murders season 23 episode 1.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, the Foyle's War episodes have already been flagged to our content team. I've also flagged your second request as well, thanks.

Karenquilter
Friendly Neighbour
Do you have any kind of time frame for the many issues of missing episodes/seasons with Acorn?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I've flagged this to our content team again to try to get an answer for you. Will advise!

Karenquilter
Friendly Neighbour
Hi. It has been 4 weeks now. Could you please have this issue escalated.
Thank you

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. We've been advised by our content team that the episode of Midsomer Murders should be corrected, and that we actually weren't given the first 7 seasons of Foyle's War which is why they're not showing. Our team is in contact with AMC directly to inquire as to why and I'll provide an update as soon as I get one.

Karenquilter
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for the Midsomer Murders correction! I shall check that out. I am baffled by the Foyle's War seasons though. If you check back in this thread, LizG (July of last year) had the same issue and within days DRU had it resolved and she confirmed all seasons were now there.

Karenquilter
Friendly Neighbour
Unfortunately season 23 episode 1 is still playing Point of Balance and not The Blacktree Prophecy. Point of Balance is Season 21 episode 1. Getting a little frustrated.