cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 Toshiba TV code

BWB
Just Moved In

I bought a new Toshiba TV (43C350KS) & I'm trying to use the TELUS remote to control it & I need a working code.

1669 will turn the TV off/on & control the volume but I'd like to do everything from 1 remote.  Once I turn the TV on, I need the Toshiba remote to select HDMI 2 otherwise it just loops the built-in hub content. I've been trying different codes & searching for new ones to no avail.  Code 1669 is the only code that does anything (with the TELUS remote) so far.

BWB_0-1702272646376.png

Thx.. 👍

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BWB
Just Moved In

T3200M is the box.  On my previous TV, it supported HDMI-CEC.  I found in setup where to set it to start at last channel/port (most likely CEC).  Should be fine now, Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the remote is able to control power and volume on the TV, that's the correct code.

Which Optik box do you have connected to the TV? I know not all of them support HDMI-CEC which normally should force the TV to that HDMI input when the box is turned on. If the box supports CEC, it may have to be enabled in settings.

If you have one of the older set top boxes that doesn't support HDMI-CEC, you need to change the settings on your TV to default to HDMI 2. A lot of smart TVs these days will default to the smart interface and not the HDMI one. I have a TV that does that (different brand) and I had to go into my TV settings and tell it specifically to only start at the HDMI input the old Telus box I had at the time was connected to.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BWB
Just Moved In

T3200M is the box.  On my previous TV, it supported HDMI-CEC.  I found in setup where to set it to start at last channel/port (most likely CEC).  Should be fine now, Thanks!