cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the website impossible to navigate?

Favelle75
Friendly Neighbour

Why is it when I click on a simply share plan, with SHAREABLE DATA, can I not add a 2nd device without adding said device PLUS another plan? Isn't the whole point of a FAMILY PLAN to be able to share the data and have multiple devices? Is everything just one single plan now for each phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CJR
Ambassador

The shareable data on the Simple Share plans are each individual plan on the account contributing to the pool of data with the Family Plan portion being the Family Discount where you save $7.50 per line with 2 lines on the account, $10/line with 3 and $15/line with 4+. 

The Simple Share plans are more designed for if have multiple people on the account and some lines will use very little data and others could be using a fair amount and want the additional pooled data at full speed and with the hotspot available vs the Peace of Mind plans where everyone has their own data and once hit the threshold slows down and hotspot is disabled without adding a Fast Pass.

The only plans that can add another device to without a monthly plan charge would be the Peace of Mind Connect plans but there would be limited to only watches and tablets being able to share the data associated with the plan with no additional monthly charges.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CJR
Ambassador

The shareable data on the Simple Share plans are each individual plan on the account contributing to the pool of data with the Family Plan portion being the Family Discount where you save $7.50 per line with 2 lines on the account, $10/line with 3 and $15/line with 4+. 

The Simple Share plans are more designed for if have multiple people on the account and some lines will use very little data and others could be using a fair amount and want the additional pooled data at full speed and with the hotspot available vs the Peace of Mind plans where everyone has their own data and once hit the threshold slows down and hotspot is disabled without adding a Fast Pass.

The only plans that can add another device to without a monthly plan charge would be the Peace of Mind Connect plans but there would be limited to only watches and tablets being able to share the data associated with the plan with no additional monthly charges.

Favelle75
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks guys.....its just shocking to me that since my last contract (rogers), getting two new $0 phones on a 2-year contract is now approaching $300 when it used to be well under $200. 

xray
Hero

Shared plans are for the data part only. You can't add another phone with just data. The other phone has to have a phone number (i.e. a voice/text plan). You can't share a voice/text plan because you can't share a phone number.