cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very confused about my bill, recent transfer to prepaid

Matt678
Just Moved In
Please help me understand the charges as they are unclear and it leaves me confused.

On March 27th I paid $56 from my credit card over the phone to Telus when I switched over to prepaid. At the same time that day, my previous Telus account was cancelled by a Telus call centre representative who ported my number over to the prepaid plan.

Bill for my last account that is now canceled, stated that I owe $78 for the cycle from March 12th to April 11th, by April 6th (it's now paid).
That's 31 days on the bill but March 27th would only be around 16 days in that billing cycle.

My understanding/hope was due to me not utilizing the old plan anymore as or March 27th, that the March 12th to April 11th bill would be reduced to $39 and that would be it for the old account.

Unfortunately this is where the confusion happens, the Telus rep told me that $78 is for the previous month despite my bill saying March 12th to April 11th.
So they said I have to pay this $78 in full and then I will get yet another bill for that cancelled account in a month, which will be pro-rated to reflect the March 27th cancelation.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

All telecommunications are billed in advance, with adjustments made after the fact. So, yes, you pay the March 12 to April 11 bill in full, and adjustments will be made on your next invoice refunding the difference to your account. At some future time, Telus will cut you a cheque, or refund your credit card for the outstanding amount. The do not make billing adjustments part way through the month.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

All telecommunications are billed in advance, with adjustments made after the fact. So, yes, you pay the March 12 to April 11 bill in full, and adjustments will be made on your next invoice refunding the difference to your account. At some future time, Telus will cut you a cheque, or refund your credit card for the outstanding amount. The do not make billing adjustments part way through the month.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I never knew that but now I'll never forget it. Thank you for your reply.