cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Plan Details

Shane
Leader

Greetings,

There is a $100 charge for text messages on my most recent bill. This wasn't mentioned when I signed up for the "10GB Promo shareable Unlimited nationwide talk and text Platinum 115". I know it's too late now, but how can I get the details of this plan?

Telus Learning says that the Pay Per Use is 30¢, however when I multiply the number of text messages I sent by 30¢, it doesn't equal $100.

I've tried logging into My Telus and clicking Plans & Devices, but it doesn't say how much text messages cost, which is what I'm looking for.

I've tried calling Telus but they're closed right now.

Thanks,

Shane.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Shane ,

Sorry to hear about the charges for texting. It's never fun to see a bill higher than usual that's for sure. Most plan details are available in detail on the TELUS website. However once a promotional plan is expired, it appears the details about these plans disappear too. Which although is inconvenient for yourself, it does reduces confusion among the majority since we have released thousands of plans all with similar names. In order to get an accurate answer it would be best to contact TELUS support by live chat or over the phone during business hours. They will be able to look up the exact SOC code (kind of like a plans serial number) of your plan, and see details of whats included, and likely also see the pay-per-use rates. The agent will also be able to look at the individual text messages to see what numbers they were sent to, and also determine the pay-per-use rates.  They may also discover that your lifestyle has changes, and this plan may no longer suit your needs and recommend a better plan (if off contract), or suggest an add-on to give unlimited texting across Canada, or to International locations.

Based on what was shared in your message, it looks like you have Unlimited Nationwide Calling & Texting. The Pay Per Use 30¢ that you found (kudos for finding that by the way), is referring to domestic text messages across Canada. This is the rate customer would pay if on a local calling & texting plan, or an older plan which does not included unlimited texting. 

Based on what was shared in your message, I would assume that the text messages were sent from your phone in Canada to a another phone number outside of Canada. You can confirm this by viewing the PDF version of your Bill online. It will be displayed on the first page under Additional charges & credits at a glance. This would be considered CAN-US SMS which is not included in your plan since yours states (nationwide). These charges range from 40¢ to 60¢ on most plans. If the messages were longer than 160 characters or contains pictures, videos, or other attachments, it would be no longer considered a SMS, rather considered a MMS which is an additional 20¢. 

Hopefully this provided you with some more information to help narrow down the discrepancies.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution]. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Shane ,

Sorry to hear about the charges for texting. It's never fun to see a bill higher than usual that's for sure. Most plan details are available in detail on the TELUS website. However once a promotional plan is expired, it appears the details about these plans disappear too. Which although is inconvenient for yourself, it does reduces confusion among the majority since we have released thousands of plans all with similar names. In order to get an accurate answer it would be best to contact TELUS support by live chat or over the phone during business hours. They will be able to look up the exact SOC code (kind of like a plans serial number) of your plan, and see details of whats included, and likely also see the pay-per-use rates. The agent will also be able to look at the individual text messages to see what numbers they were sent to, and also determine the pay-per-use rates.  They may also discover that your lifestyle has changes, and this plan may no longer suit your needs and recommend a better plan (if off contract), or suggest an add-on to give unlimited texting across Canada, or to International locations.

Based on what was shared in your message, it looks like you have Unlimited Nationwide Calling & Texting. The Pay Per Use 30¢ that you found (kudos for finding that by the way), is referring to domestic text messages across Canada. This is the rate customer would pay if on a local calling & texting plan, or an older plan which does not included unlimited texting. 

Based on what was shared in your message, I would assume that the text messages were sent from your phone in Canada to a another phone number outside of Canada. You can confirm this by viewing the PDF version of your Bill online. It will be displayed on the first page under Additional charges & credits at a glance. This would be considered CAN-US SMS which is not included in your plan since yours states (nationwide). These charges range from 40¢ to 60¢ on most plans. If the messages were longer than 160 characters or contains pictures, videos, or other attachments, it would be no longer considered a SMS, rather considered a MMS which is an additional 20¢. 

Hopefully this provided you with some more information to help narrow down the discrepancies.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution]. 

I wasn't able to find plan information because I was clicking the Plans & Devices tab. The information for charges can only be found in the Usage tab. The Plans tab doesn't contain plan information.

Shane.