cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment discount

ghuenefeld
Just Moved In
I am a retired Air Canada employee but we are no longer given a company email address. So when I am invited to get 30% off, I can't learn about the offer with my yahoo email address.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @ghuenefeld

I agree with the advice from @Nighthawk here is some additional input...

• First confirm with your employer (often HR department) to ensure you are still eligible (knowing this is an essential for the next steps)
  • Next, see If you are eligible & your employer is willing to re-activate your company email address - great, you can now view your offers.
  • If not, then ask your employer for the instructions on how to redeem the offer. It usually involves going to a website, or emailing a department.
  • If all else fails, try calling TELUS Mobility Corporate EPP Support: -877-438-8358 and see if they have any alternative solutions - never hurts to ask.

If you are not eligible

You can always call Telus Mobility Consumer Support (not corporate) at 1-866-558-2273. There is a simple trick (if you have multiple family members on a single account) which will allow you to get similar pricing from corporate plans on your consumer account. This trick is called TELUS Family Discounts. When you add multiple lines (family members) on a single account, you will start receiving $5, $10, or $15/month in discounts per line. If you have TELUS home services, you may also get additional discounts on your cellphone plan. Click Here to learn more about Telus Family Discounts.

I hope you found this useful 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I can't speak for Telus on this one, but in the industry I work in a lot of employer or professional association discounts tend to be for active employees or members. There are a few companies and professional associations that do extend discounts to retirees but there weren't nearly as many as the ones that did not. You may need to speak to someone at Telus directly or at Air Canada to try confirm if retirees are eligible.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @ghuenefeld

I agree with the advice from @Nighthawk here is some additional input...

• First confirm with your employer (often HR department) to ensure you are still eligible (knowing this is an essential for the next steps)
  • Next, see If you are eligible & your employer is willing to re-activate your company email address - great, you can now view your offers.
  • If not, then ask your employer for the instructions on how to redeem the offer. It usually involves going to a website, or emailing a department.
  • If all else fails, try calling TELUS Mobility Corporate EPP Support: -877-438-8358 and see if they have any alternative solutions - never hurts to ask.

If you are not eligible

You can always call Telus Mobility Consumer Support (not corporate) at 1-866-558-2273. There is a simple trick (if you have multiple family members on a single account) which will allow you to get similar pricing from corporate plans on your consumer account. This trick is called TELUS Family Discounts. When you add multiple lines (family members) on a single account, you will start receiving $5, $10, or $15/month in discounts per line. If you have TELUS home services, you may also get additional discounts on your cellphone plan. Click Here to learn more about Telus Family Discounts.

I hope you found this useful 🙂