cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Rating Affected *AFTER* Closing Account

GotRektByTelus
Just Moved In

I have been with Telus for years - I guess I still am technically since I swapped to Koodo.

I swapped to Koodo a couple of months ago as they had a pretty good "Bring your own device" plan that was far better than my current phone. The thing is, I had to buy out my device with my Telus plan prior to moving.

So after a ton of cancellation fees and buying out my phone, I received an email from a rep I talked to on the phone who said my balance was at $0 with Telus -- I still have this exact receipt.

I got a funny message 2 months later (this past weekend now) that said I didn't pay it out, and I had $15 on it and it affected my credit rating...

This is insane, obviously the rep on the phone was totally usually as that is usually the par for the course. I paid it off and received the exact same receipt saying my account was at $0.

Is this going to happen again in two months? Where are you guys coming up with these numbers? The first rep I talked to I made sure I paid the ENTIRE thing out and she confirmed that. Was the $15 his lunch that he decided to rip me on? Lmao.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

This isn't an issue you can resolve here. We are just TELUS customers like you. You need to contact customer service.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

xray
Hero

This isn't an issue you can resolve here. We are just TELUS customers like you. You need to contact customer service.