cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS VOICE RECOGNITION RESPONSE SYSTEM IS INCONSISTENT

LowestCommDenom
Just Moved In
TELUS “OUGHT TO” HAVE A “PROVIDE FEEDBACK” COMMAND ON ITS VOICE RECOGNITION ASSISTANT WHENEVER I CALL TELUS.

Specifically here is a major screw up:
1. When navigated to Make Bill Payment OneTime Payment by credit card, THE VOICERESPONSE ASSISTANT SPEAKS: “If you change your mind about making a payment, You Can Say CANCEL At Anytime.” Great!
I learned the voice response system knows the word CANCEL.

SO, ON A SEPARATE OCCASION I CALL TELUS, hear the Voice Recognition Assistant, it asks me to Tell Me what I’m calling about: i navigate a few prompts deep, but the voice response system is onto the wrong subject
… SO I SAY “CANCEL”, because the VR knows “CANCEL.”

BUT INSTEAD OF STARTING AGAIN AT THE TOP OF THE CALL, THE VOICE RECOGNITION ASSISTANT SAYS: YOU WANT TO DISCONNECT SERVICES? IS THAT RIGHT??

YIKES! No. I do not want to disconnect services!! I want to cancel the current topic and start again at top menu.

SO IN A PANIC, I BLURT OUT “START AGAIN.” (I expecting the VR to go to top menu of call then I can navigate differently.)

Ah Ha! THE VOICE RECOGNITION ASSISTANT SAYS
“TO ACTIVATE SERVICES….”

I AM LIKE WHAT THE HELLK?!
THIS VOICE RESPONSE SYSTEM REQUIRES A MANDATORY “PROVIDE FEEDBACK TO TELUS ABOUT ERRONEOUS VOICE RECOGNITION OR MENUS NAVIGATION.”

THAT’S THE WORD I WANT RECOGNIZED!! “FEEDBACK”

So I say the term “Provide Feedback”

NOW THE VOICE RECOGNITION SYSTEM SEIZES UPON THE TERM “FEEDBACK”

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ALARM SYSTEM?
IS THAT RIGHT?

OMFG!

THE ABOVE IS WHY I AM POSTING TODAY!!! FIX THE ABOVE. EMAIL ME OR TELEPHONE ME FOR FURTHER EPISODIC FEEDBACK REGARDING TELUS VOICE RECOGNITION ERRORS! PLUS, AT LEAST ONE CONFUSING VOICE PROMPT WITHIN THE SELF SERVE BILL PAYMENT SECTION.

Connect me that I further expound upon the above topics. Dec23’23
1 REPLY 1

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I get how frustrating that is. I'll send a screenshot of your feedback to our project team for analysis. I can't promise your bullet points will be actioned but highlighting them is definitely the first step in improving the customer journey so thank you for sharing 🙂