cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent to collections on an inactive / closed account ???

AG22
Neighbour

I don't even know where to start. 

I've been sent to collections for an account that was never activated.  The tech was scheduled to install internet services but I had canceled beforehand due to a change of location. I spoke to an agent who was understanding and confirmed the account was canceled until we were ready at the new location.  Internet was scheduled to the new location with a new account# however I was getting notices of outstanding balances. I contacted telus and spoke to another agent that was kind enough to explain the situation. 

Turns out, the original account was not closed and I was being billed for the original canceled request that was never set up. The account was rebalanced and closed for sure this time.  No need to worry.  

Over a year later, I now receive a notification from the Credit Bureau that I've been sent to collections for telus wirelink. I have never received any notices, no bills, no emails, no calls to indicate any of this prior.

I called telus and spent 4hrs on hold while 1 agent tells me I have the wrong department, they can't help me so I have to wait on hold for the right dept meanwhile I keep on repeating the situation and no one can help me.  

The suggestions I get are to contact the collection agency to make arrangements on what to pay so they can remove it from my report! I don't understand, why am I paying for a service that was never activated?? More transfers, more time on hold, I finally reach someone that may actually help me. I get put in hold while they speak to a supervisor, they come back on the line a couple of times letting me know they are still working on the issue when suddenly the on hold music changes and now I'm talking to a completely different person! I explain all over again what has been happening and they tell me unfortunately I have the wrong dept. I was placed on hold why did my call get redirected? 

I requested a call back from the agent that seemed to be getting somewhere and gave up.  

I was happy to receive a call the next day from that said agent and was comforted by the idea they may have a solution.  Someone that cares! Finally! 

Unfortunately I was transferred to another dept. Where I was told to contact the collections company and deal with it myself.  

What is actually happening?? How is it so easy to ruin my credit score and affect my life like this and not have a way to correct it when the evidence has been confirmed by all the agents I've spoken with?? 

Giving up hope, I break and called the collections number I was provided.  Surprise,  Surprise... no answer.  I leave a voice mail, I request a call back on the next business day when the next agent is available from their direct website and I still have not been able to connect with the collections company. 

Telus, please for the love of all things, have the correct department call me, or something! 

I am also disputing this with equifax/transunion and will be going to the media as I've seen this is not the first time this has occurred.  

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@TELUS_Support can you assist with the request.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @AG22 we want to help. Please send us a private message and we will investigate what happened

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.